Property Insurance

Whether you are a property owner, a buy to let investor or a tenant, ensuring you're adequately insured is vital.

Whatever your circumstances, Countrywide can offer an insurance policy which insures you, your property and the contents within it.

Insurance for homebuyers

If you're buying a property, most mortgage lenders will require that you purchase buildings insurance. This will ensure your property is protected if disaster strikes. However, if the worst happens it's likely that the contents in your home will also be at risk. Our home insurance can protect your home and the contents within it. MortgageCare can help to protect your mortgage repayments in the event that you are unable to work because of accident, sickness or involuntary unemployment.*

This Payment Protection Insurance is optional. There are other providers of Payment Protection Insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at

Insurance for sellers

If you're currently in the process of selling your property, you will still need to think about insurance. If, for example, you are moving the contents of your home into storage, you will need to ensure they are adequately covered. Similarly, if you are moving into rental property, you will need an insurance policy that reflects your new circumstances. Our seller's insurance can help you ensure you're properly insured.*, **

Insurance for landlords

Whether you're looking for building and contents insurance for your first buy to let investment or comprehensive cover for your property portfolio, we can help. Our specialist landlord insurance offers landlords peace of mind as our buildings and contents insurance will cover you for loss of rent, legal expenses, tenant damage or theft.**

Insurance for tenants

As a tenant it is important to ensure the personal possessions and contents of your rented home are safeguarded. Our tenant's insurance is tailored specifically for those living in rented accommodation and not only covers you for damage to your own belongings, but also accidental damage caused to your landlord's property.**

Please note that terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and eligibility criteria will apply for all insurance policies.

Insurance Policies are underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Countrywide Insurance Services is a trading name of Countrywide Principal Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Countrywide House, 6 Caldecotte Lake Business Park, Caldecotte Lake Drive, Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, MK7 8JT. (Firm Registration Number: 301684).

We use cookies on our website which are strictly necessary to ensure optimal site performance, functionality and for analytics. You can manage your cookie preferences via your browser settings. To learn more about the different types of cookies and how we use these, please see our Cookies Policy.